Old Chain of the Rocks, Mississippi River
Water intake towers on the Mississippi River
Built in 1904 as part of the improvements made to the St. Louis water treatment system before the 1904 World's Fair. The towers are located just south of the Old Chain of Rocks Bridge. Tower 1 was built in 1894 in the Romanesque style. Tower 2 was built in 1915 as a Roman Villa and housed the crews who managed the equipment.